30.7.12

WOMEN MOVING FORWARD

mother and child painting

It's been a little bit since I've signed on to Monkey's Muse, but a good cause has had my attention this past week.

Women Moving Forward is a poverty reduction program that helps young, single mothers end the cycle of poverty for their families through education and training. It empowers young mothers to make positive changes in their lives for themselves and for their children. As a new mother, this program resonated with me. I find the idea of young mothers trying to make a better life for their children both selfless and inspiring.

I volunteer with this program by offering communications support, so that's what I've been up to lately!


(Painting by Katie Berggren)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...