11.10.12

RECIPE: APPLE BLUEBERRY MUESLI

Apple blueberry muesli

Muesli is a breakfast staple around our house. It is packed with goodness and since it can be made beforehand, it makes for a no-nonsense morning routine. Lately, I've found a number of recipes online as many search for an easy way to cram in a healthy and delicious breakfast. So, here's my go-to apple blueberry muesli. This recipe was passed along by my mom (I think she found it in a newspaper). Now, I know it by heart.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup whole oats
1 apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons sliced, toasted almonds
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 lemon, juiced

Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Transfer it to an air-tight container and keep it in the refrigerator. Enjoy in the morning!

And, if you're looking for an oatmeal version, my friend Alanna recently posted a no-cook oatmeal recipe to help calm her family's whirlwind mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...