4.10.12

RECIPE: DELICIOUS CRUMBLE

Crumble for Thanksgiving

The Thanksgiving holiday involves one of my most favourite meals of the year. Despite my love for the Fall feast, I'm not a fan of the traditional pumpkin pie. So, if you're like me and you're searching for an easy dessert that is just as seasonal, try this delicious apple crumble. This recipe comes from the cookbook My Father's Daughter, and can be made with seasonal berries (as I recently did).

Ingredients:
4 cups sliced apples
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon white spelt flour
1 cup whole rolled oats
1/4 cup firmly packed unrefined dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch fine salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature

Preheat oven to  350◦F. Combine the fruit with the 1 tablespoon of flour in a 9-inch baking dish.

Combine the rest of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, using your hands to form pea-sized crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the apples.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the juices are bubbling.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...