28.11.12

RECIPE: KITCHEN SINK COOKIES

Healthy cookies
My friend Maggie has taught me a lot about baking and cooking over the years. In university, my kitchen skills were very limited (my go-to for lunch and dinner was toasted tomato and cheese sandwiches) and so out of despair she bought me Cooking for Dummies and started giving me instructional lessons. The first recipe she taught me was banana muffins, which is still in heavy rotation in our house. Fast forward a few years (and maybe a few more) and I'm still getting recipes from her. These cookies are packed with a whole lot of ingredients to make for one tasty -- and healthy -- cookie, which are Monkey approved!

Wet ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 egg
Dry ingredients:
1 3/4 cup spelt flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup whole flake organic oats
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 350◦F. Mix wet ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients together. Mix all ingredients together.
Form batter into 2-inch balls and flatten on a baking sheet (I line mine with parchment paper). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...