27.1.14

FAMILY LITERACY DAY

A wall of books

Monkey adores reading. It is one of our favourite activities to do on these bitter cold winter days. When we're stuck inside, we like to stay in our pajamas just a little bit longer, curl up under a cozy blanket and read. So, in honour of Family Literacy Day, I surveyed my little household for our favourite books of all time...

My husband John's favourite is Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell. I'm actually surprised it wasn't a Stephen King book so I guess you learn something new about your partner every day! Monkey's favourite is Just One More Goal! by Robert Munsch. I think if I ask him tomorrow I'll get a different answer, but we'll go with this one since it nicely captures his current hockey obsession. Little Bean isn't quite sure what her favourite book is yet, so Monkey picked Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kundhardt, a cute book that helps little ones learn and understand simple instructions. And, The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood is my favourite book. It's on my reading pile to read again -- it's been far too long since I've been enchanted by this story.

Our favourite books for Family Literacy Day
What are your family's favourite books?

(Image)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...