16.8.12

A READING TIP


Do you ever find yourself struggling to get through a book? Sometimes, I feel compelled to finish a not-so-great book and it becomes a daunting task. My brother-in-law recently shared a genius tip with me. He compared starting a new book to starting a new relationship. He said you should set aside two hours to start the book to see if you have anything in common. If after 100 pages you're still engaged, then it's safe to commit to finishing the book. But, if it's a struggle after two hours, then it just isn't meant to be. Don't feel married to a certain book if you weren't even meant to date.

I wonder if my book club will accept this explanation the next time I'm unable to finish a book!

(Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...