22.12.13

HOLIDAY TRADITIONS

Christmas tree ornament

Ever since Monkey was born, I've been cognizant of establishing family traditions. It's important to me that we create lasting traditions to cherish together now and in the future. The holidays are no exception as this is a time filled with tradition. 

On Christmas Eve, my family comes together to celebrate with a delicious meal and to exchange gifts. Santa stuffs our stocking that night. Each year my mom gives me a beautiful tree ornament -- a tradition that started at my first Christmas and one that has helped me decorate our tree with special ornaments. This is one small tradition I'm passing along to my kiddos. 

On Christmas Day, we head to my husband's side of the family for a morning gift exchange, an afternoon winter walk and another fancy feast.

We are truly fortunate that our two families live so close. It has been a seamless melding of our two holiday celebrations. I'm excited for our new little family to create our own lasting holiday traditions in years to come.

Do you have any special traditions that you share with your family for the holidays?

(Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...