28.3.14

RECIPE: ROASTED BROCCOLI

Broccoli


Until last week broccoli was probably my least favourite vegetable. I know it is one of the healthiest foods to eat (contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin K, dietary fiber and aids in lowering cholesterol), but the only way I could swallow it was smothered in cheese. Then, I discovered roasted broccoli. It is delicious.

Ingredients:
1 large bunch of broccoli
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional, I can't shake the notion that broccoli needs cheese)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°F.

Wash broccoli and dry thoroughly. Cut into medium-sized spears and toss well with olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Spread onto parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake for 10 minutes, stir and then bake for 10 more minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...