20.1.16

MY ANTIQUE FIND

antique persian rug

I have been pining for the right antique Persian rug for our living room for what feels like years. My search was haphazard in nature with a quick peek in a warehouse here or a stroll through an estate sale there.

On a whim, I stopped by a consignment shop last week and I'm sure you can imagine my giddy surprise to find THE rug for me (pictured above)! It is handmade with bold colours, imperfections that make it truly unique and it has a history, having been made by a nomadic tribe in Iran. It was also spotless and affordable, which make it a rare find indeed.

I find that a Persian rug adds warmth to any room -- especially a bold patterned rug in a white or otherwise monochromatic like our living room.

Here are just a few images with rugs I adore ...

antique persian rug

antique persian rug


antique persian rug

antique persian rug

antique persian rug

antique persian rug

antique persian rug


(Image 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...