The New York Times recently ran an article about Queen Street West in Toronto. My chest puffed up ever so slightly with pride as this is the neighbourhood we call home. The article focused on the decidedly cool independent shops that are opening up and thriving, despite the poor economic picture elsewhere around the world.
And now I'd like to share a few of my favourite haunts along Queen Street West that didn't make it into the article...
- Grab a latte or fresh brewed coffee at White Squirrel Coffee Shop
- Visit the Farmers' Market in Trinity Bellwoods Park
- Indulge in a French macaron at Nadège
- Browse the stacks of books at Type Books
- Outfit your little one in organic clothing at mini mioche
- Have a beer at the unpretentious (verging on seedy) Done Right Inn
- Shop for clothing fit for a Parisienne at Gaspard
- Eat the best pasta and pizza this side of Italy at Terroni
(Image via Flickr)